Editorial and Proofreading Services
I am an experienced proofreader, having trained with the Publishing Training Centre and the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP, of which I am an Ordinary Member). I also have experience of copy-editing various texts, including PhD theses, draft articles intended for publication in academic journals, fiction and business memoranda, reports and correspondence.
- I work on screen (using the track changes and note functions in Word) or on hard copy, depending on my clients’ preferences.
- I offer a tailored level of service agreed in advance: a light, medium or heavy edit, depending on the client’s exact requirements and the nature of the text.
- My rates are reasonable, and vary according to the level of editorial intervention that has been agreed: a lighter edit is cheaper than a heavy edit.
- I provide a free cost assessment based on a sample of the text and discussions with the client, and only commence work once the parameters of the job—including a time and cost estimate—have been agreed in writing.
- I work in stages on longer documents and provide frequent updates, thus allowing my clients to retain control of the process and offer their own feedback on my editorial suggestions.
- I can provide a quick turnaround for documents of fewer than 5000 words.
I can meet London-based clients in person to discuss their exact requirements. All documents, including emails and any administrative paperwork generated, are treated in the strictest confidence. Testimonials from previous clients and examples of my editing work are available on request.